（。满分150分，完卷时间10。0分钟）。 。 2016.1
I. Liste。ning comprehen。sion (听力理解) 。 (共30 分)
A. Listen and choose the rig。ht picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片
1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. _。_____ 5. _____。_ 6. ______
7. A) In a Chemi。st's shop. B) In a post office.
C) In a bookshop. 。 。 D) I。n an airline.
8. A) At 2:00 p.m。. 。 B)。 At 2:30 p.m.
C) At 4:30 p.m。.。 。 D) At 6:30 p.m.
9. A) On foot. 。 。 B) By taxi.
C) By bike.。 D) By car.
10. A) A university teacher. 。 B) An assistant editor.
C) A reporter. 。 D)。 A wr。i。ter.
11. A) High-rises. 。 B) Future jobs.
C) New planets. 。 D) Space.
12. A) Simon. 。 B) Daphne.
C) Alice. 。 。 。 D。) His father.
13. A) I。t was broken. B) It was used by somebody.
C) T。here was somet。hing wrong with it. 。 D) It was stolen.
14. A) The apples and oranges are as good as they look.
B) The apples and oranges are very good.
C) The apples。 are as good as the orange。s.
D) The apples a。nd oranges ar。en't so good.
C. Listen to the。 passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断
下列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示) (7分)
15. Scott felt sick on Sunday af。t。ernoon and he became better now.
16. Scott was afraid t。o miss all interview on Friday because of the illness.
17. The medicine was very helpful for Scott after he took it.
18。. Scott followed the doctor。's advic。e and stayed in bed for tw。o days.
19. Scott agreed to try traditional Chinese medicine after Carla int。roduced it to him.
20. Carla。 and Scott will meet at 8:3。0 at the gate of Carl。a's housing estate.
D. Listen to t。he passage and complete the following。 sente。nces（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）（7
21. Children m。ay succeed __________ _。_________ and later work more easily after th。ey are rea。d some stories during childhood.
22。. After childr。en ______。____ __________ parents should read books aloud to t。hem a。s soon as possible.
23. If parents don't read some right age level books to children, they will ________。__ ________。__。.
24。.。 The。 number of children who like reading for fun is ____。______ ______。____。 now.
25. According to th。e 2015 report, only __________ __________ of children in the U.S. like reading for fun almost every day now.
Part 2 Phonetic。s, Voca。bulary and Grammar
26. Which of the following w。ords is pronounced /praɪs/？
A) piece 。 B) price 。 。 C) praise 。 。 D) practice
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciat。ion from others?
A) Sh。e has worked abroad for a year. B) We took a boat to the islan。d.
C) He worked hard to achieve his goal. D。) Your long w。inter。 coat is over there.
28. That evening the Tu。rners sat around the fire and h。ad ______ family meeting.
A) a B) a。n C) the D) /
29. Jack was plea。sed ______ what。 he behaved。 in the group work last week.
A) with 。 B) at C) of 。 D) on
30. We have decided to。 tr。y ______ best。 to raise more money for the local cha。rity.
A) u。s 。 。 B) our 。 C) we 。 D) ours
31. Be patient, J。ohn. Don't gi。ve up. Have ______ try. I'm sure you can do it.
A) other 。 B) the other 。 C) another D) one
32. You can find English is used than French and Spa。nish in the world。.
A) wider B。) the widest C) more widely D) most widely
33. - ______ building did the firemen save the old woman from last night?
- The blue one.
A) How B) Which C) Where 。 。 D) Whose
34. - Thomas, spend les。s time on。 computer games; ______you will do worse in。 your。 studi。es.
- All right.
A) so B) but C) or 。 D) and
35. ______ t。his is yo。ur first visit to Shanghai, let me sh。ow you aro。und the city.
A) Although 。 B) Since C) Unless D) When
36. He became ______ again and left the office with a smile on his face.
A) happy B) happily C) unhappy D) unhappily
37. - Would you mind ______ my pet dog? I will be a。way for about a week.
- Of cou。rse not.
A) l。ook after B) wil。l look after C) t。o look afte。r 。 D) looking after
38. The boy ______ down by a truck when he was running across the roa。d.
A) is knocked B) was knoc。ked C) will be knocked D) has been knocked
39. Tu Yoyo is。 the first Chinese scientist ______ the Nobel Prize in M。edicine.
A) wo。n B) wins C) to win D) wi。nning
4。0.。 The b。oy ______ for。 her i。n the rain for nearly half an hour before she appeared.
A) waits B。) waited C) has waited D) had waited
41. Eddie ______ the classroom with his classmates at that time yesterday.
A) was cleaning B) cleaned C) has cleaned D) is cleaning
42. It is 11:00 p.m now. Peter hasn't come back yet. His mother ______。 be very mad a。t him.
A) may B) can 。 C) must D) need
43. ______ amazi。ng。 film they enjoyed on Christmas's Eve!
A) How B)。What C) What a D)What an
44. - I'm really sorry about upsetting your plan.
A) You'd better talk with someone. 。 B)。 Really! How I wish I could help.
C) Oh, forget it. It really doesn't matter. D) Pardon me. I'm fine with it。.
45. - Let's clean our neighborhood this weekend, shall we?
A) Yes, please. B) Never mind. C) Well don。e. D) That's a good idea.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can onl。y be used once. (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空限填一词，每词只能填一次) （共8分）
Lizards are。 good pets because they do not need to go for walks or take baths like dogs. So they are easy to care for. They also do not bite their 46。 like cats. Lizards are also good pets to keep in apartments（公寓）because they do not 47 . So they will not bother neighbors. One kind of lizard called a bearded dragon is 。 48 these days. It is active during the day an。d does not like to be held. It will not 49 people. So it is a good pet for kids.
Whe。n standing in t。he central areas in To。kyo(东京)，you can frequen。tly see many girls 50 school uniforms. So why do Japanese girls love school uniforms so much? On。e o。f the 51 may be its fashionable design and good quality. The style is adapted from sailor suits. The color and design of the uniform 52 Japanese girls' skin color and body figure(体型). Every t。en。 years, the style will change 53 to keep up w。ith the trend(潮流。）. Different from Chinese school unifo。r。ms, school uniforms in Japan are well made。 and thus expensive. It's designed by a name brand, m。ade wit。h g。ood fab。ric。(布料) and pro。duced by a good fact。ory.
IV. Complete the sentences。 with the given w。ords in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子) (
54. I le。ft my dictionary a。t home. Luckily Wendy lent __________ to me. (she)
55. George made the first movie in his ____。______. And it was a big hit. (sixty)
56. Sue。 said drawing gave her a sense of ___。______。_ and independence: (free)
5。7.。 Charles is a _。_________ leader. Everyone would like to follow h。im. (powe。r)
58. As。 a director, he ____。______ pushes the actors in the direction he wants th。em to go. (gentl。e)
59. It was really hard for Frank and Emma to believe the __________ of their son. (die)
60. The gi。rl was __________ because sh。e told a lie to the manager abo。ut her work experience.
61. Michae。l can show y。ou ho。w t。o ________。__ the 3D pri。nter。. He is good a。t it. (operation)
V. Rewrite。 the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列。句。子。每空格限填一词) (共14分)
62. Helen use。d to be a tour guide in a travel agency.（改为一般疑问句）
__________ Helen __。______。__ to be a tour guide i。n a travel agency?
63. Some poor child。ren seldom go to university。 in the village.（改为反意。疑问句）
Some poor c。hildren seldom go to university。 in the villag。e, ________。__ __________?
64. You can visit ou。r website on the Internet. You can telephone us, too.（合并为一句）
You。 ca。n __________ visit our website o。n the Internet _____。_____ telephone us.
65. Ken was able to mo。ve t。he heavy box with the help of his parents.（对划线部分提问）
__________ __________ Ken able to move with the help of his parents?
66. 'Will you attend th。e lecture by Dr. Gr。een?' Jack asked.(改为宾语从句)
Jack ask。ed me ___________ I ______。____ attend the l。ecture by Dr. Green. 。
67. Som。e of our bad habits can cau。s。e water。 pollution. (改为被动语态) 。 。
Water pollu。tion can __________ __________ by some of our bad。 habits.
68. her。, for, I, the expensive apple watch, breaking, apologized to(连词成句)
Part 3 Readi。ng and Writing
IX. R。eading Comprehension (阅读理解)：(
A. Choose the best answer (根据文章内容，选择最恰当的答案)：(。12分
Liu Y。axuan is totally a homebody. Every wee。kend, this14-year-。old student from Tsinghua High School watches popular TV dramas like The Journey of Flower(《花千骨》) and plays with her mo。bile phone。.。 She hates playing outdoor sports. 'I。t's too tiring,' she said.
She is not alone. In recent years, more and more Chinese。 teenagers are becoming homebodies. A 2013 surve。y of kids aged 2 to 14 showed about half of them spend less than one hour doing outdoor activities every day.
To some exte。nt, heavy academic pressure (学业压力) caused this phenomenon(现象). Hu Huilan, 12, from Shenzhen Nanshan La。ngu。age Scho。ol, is bus。y with piles of homework an。d extra classes on weekends. 'I。 don't want to get behind,' she said.
Even if this isn't a problem, kids still prefer indoor life. Wang Yidi, 12, from Anhui No. 50 M。iddl。e School, often reads H。arry Potter: listens to music and-surfs the Inte。rnet at home. 'I can do so ma。ny things I like at home rather than hang out in smoggy(雾霾的)。 weather,' she said.
But this causes bad health conditions. Chinese teenagers'。 physical conditions have been。 declining (下降) for more than 25 years, reported P。eople's Daily last year.
The situa。tion for foreign students is quit。e different. Zhang Yingke, 15, from Unionville High School in Toronto, Canada, says her peers are not homebodies at all. 'The。y spe。nd their free time outdoors even if it just means goi。ng to the park or reading a book under th。e tr。ee. Nice weather, little homework and rich outdoor activities enable us to do that,' she sai。d. After being there for four years,。 she has fallen i。n love with run。ning and playing tennis. 'It helps me。 stay energetic。,” she said.
69。. Ho。mebodies ar。e persons who ______.
A) always st。ay home at weekends
B) don't need to go to work on w。eekdays
C) stay a。t home and n。ever go out
D) do j。obs like cleaning house。s or cooking meals
70. Wang Yidi's ind。oor life is rich when she is at hom。e ______ is NOT mentioned below.
A) Reading books B) Sur。fing the Internet
C) Doing piles of ho。mework D) Listening to music
71. According to People's Daily, Chinese teenag。er's physical conditions have been decli。ning __。____.
A) from last year B) recently 。
C) since.1989 。 D) si。nce 2013
72. The teenagers tell us some reasons why they。 like to be homebodies. ______ is
A) Doing outdoor activities is too tiring
B) The。y haven't rich outdoor activities
C) Hanging out in s。moggy weather is bad for their health
D) The schoolwork is heavy and they are b。usy with their studi。es
7。3. ______ is/are Zhan。g Yingke's favourite outd。oor activity/activities.
A) Running and playing tennis 。 。 B) Reading under the tree
C) Swimming in the river . D) Going to the Park
74. The passage is mainly about ______.
A) the ways to change t。his。 phenomenon
B) the lifesty。les of the different count。ries
C) the activities Chinese tee。nagers do at home
D) the reaso。ns of becoming homebody and problems it caused
B. Choose the words or express。ions and comple。te the passage
A young college student thought that he chose the wrong major(专业) at a common coll。ege, so he drank every da。y。 and didn't s。tudy at all. He became more and mor。e 75 .
But he was never absent from Pro。fessor Yang's biology class. He liked the course. Besides, Yang's class was so interesting that。 he always lis。tened carefully, never 76 whether the other students were paying attention or not in class.
Onc。e he put a 77 in the homework。 he handed in, saying: 'Professor, it is said t。hat toda。y's college st。udents are cheaper than potatoe。s. Do you agree?' 。
That day Profes。sor。 Yang invited the young student to his home after class. When he c。ame, he found the professor at a table with food on it. They drank。 78 over their meal.
When。 they became half drunk, the professor took out a small potat。o that was sprouting(发芽的). 'D。o you know how much this costs?' he asked the young man. 'It's。 soft but poisonous (有毒的) . Nobody will t。ake it e。ven if it's 79 . He then threw the potato a。way.
The pro。fessor then showed him another potato. It was half the size of a footb。all and quite r。ound. 'This potato is organic(有机的). It is not only large and fresh but also free of 80 . It is in high demand an。d qui。te expen。sive.'
The young man was impressed b。y what he'd heard. 'Be such a potato,' said the pro。fess。or.
75. A) surpri。sed B) confident C) upset D) attr。active
76. A) carin。g abo。ut。 B) playi。ng with C)。 getting ready for。 D) depending on
77. A) coi。n B)。 note C) ticket 。 D)。 menu
78. A) luckil。y 。 。 B) sadly C) worriedly D) happily
79. A) free B) beautiful C) expensive D) safe
80. A) money B) exh。ibition C) pollution D) health
C) Read the passage and fill in the blanks wit。h proper words（。在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给
‘‘Who am I?' Do you often a。sk this。 question? Knowing yourself may be one of the mos。t difficult things in the world. But it's c。ertainly w 81 trying. You're。 sure to discov。er more。 about yourself after some unforgettable activities.
On M。arch 20, 55 students told their stories on。 the topic。 of 'The Time I Di。scovered or Freed。 Mys。elf' at the 13th China D。aily '21st Centur。y Cup' National High School English Speaking Competi。tion in Kaifeng, H。enan.
The。 champion, Xia Xiaowen, 15。,。 from Shang。hai Fo。reign Language School talked about how she found her tru。e interest in deb。ating。. Xia was a p 82 student in her studies and of。ten won first prize,。 but sh。e had few hobbies in her spare time. However, she found her real pas。sion (热爱的事物) after joining a debate tournament. 'Debating changes me,' Xia said. 'I find real happiness in meeting wonderful arguments a。nd knowing man。y students who s 83 the same interest with me.'
Third place Lu Yunsong found his brave side du。ring a military training(军训). The 12-year-old from Beijing RDFZ C。haoyang School kept complaining u 84 。he saw a friend bravely overcome difficulties.。-。He c。hose; to stick with it and finished the trai。ning proudly. 'I've real。ized I'm not a little boy anymore,' Lu said. 'I'm a man, who is strong and brave.'
'Growing。 up is a 85 of knowing yourself,' s。aid Feng Feifei, global business de。velopment manage。r of BBC Learning English and one of the judges. 'You may discov。er your potentials (潜力); you may also find the room for improvement.'
Zhan。g Tianru。i, from Zh。engzhou Foreign L。anguage School may agree wit。h F。eng. Once the 14-year-ol。d too。k part in a Model United Nations meeting and found th。at there was a big difference
b 86 him and e。xcellent de。legates（参赛代表）. Although Zhang felt dis。appointed at the beginning, he was real。ly thankful。 for the experience. 'It w 87 me up to work harder and improved myself,' he said.
Whic。h Chinese city do you think people live a very happy life?
Well, Chengdu is at the top of the 2015 rankings（排名。） for China's Happiest Cities released by。 X。inhua News Agency and the China Association of Mayors. This is the se。cond yea。r i。n a row that the capital city of Sichuan is chosen.
So what has made。 Chengdu such a happy place to 1ive? As People's Daily said, 'Part of the reason is the leisurely and sl。ow-paced(慢节奏的) lifestyle that many people in Chengdu live.'
To find the pleasures。 of th。e C。hengdu l。ifestyle; the first t。hing you should t。ry is the food. Chengdu cooki。ng styl。e is famous for the u。se of the Sichuanese peppercorn(花椒) and hot ch。illies(辣椒). 'Nothing is more-important to Chengdu people than food,' said Du Li, a professor at the Sichuan Higher Institute of Cuis。ine. 'They l。ove to find small restaurants in o。ut-of-the-way。 places that have great tastes.' T。here are around 40,000 restaurants in Chengdu, the highest dens。ity。（密。度） of rest。aurants of any city in th。e world.
Another important par。t of Chengdu l。ife is the teahouses. Found everywhere in the cit。y, the teahouses a。re much more than just a place to drink tea. Teahouses a。re places to do business, meet with friends, sho。w off pet birds, lis。ten to Chuanju (Sichuan opera), and most importantly, play mahjo。ng（麻将）．As a local saying goes, 'If you cannot find someone, h。e or she is playing 。 mahjong, or on their way to play mahjong.'
88. How many t。imes has Chengdu been at th。e top of the rankings for China’s Happiest Cities?
89. What ar。e the pleasures o。f the Chengd。u lifestyle?
90. How do pe。ople make their dishes more famous and special in Chengdu?
91. What kind of restaurant attracts Chengdu people most?
92. People go。 to the teahouses found everywhere in the city on。ly for enjoying tea, d。on't they?
93. Why is Chengdu cho。s。en to be a China'。s happiest city agai。n? What other n。ecessary factors(要素) do you think a happiest city has?
VII. Writing (作文): (20分)
94. Write at least 60 words on the topic 66H。arvest'.（以“收获”为题写一篇不少于60个词
The following is for r。eference only.（以下问题仅。供参考）
1. Which harvest impressed。 you most in yo。ur growth?
2. How did the harvest happen?
3. Why do you think it was a harvest?
4. Do you have any changes after the。 harvest?
1. I booked two tickets to Paris。 in a。n airline ticket office y。esterday.
2. In my opinion, a private car can bring us a lot of convenience.
3. It is very。 quick and safe t。o sen。d a pac。ka。g。e to。 London by express mail.。
4. Class Two is having a。 debate on whether。 students should。 use c。ell phones。 in school.
5.。 My grandfather enjoys listening to Beijing Opera。 on the radio.
6. Every drop of water should be saved in o。ur daily life.
7. W:。 Hel。lo, I want to mail some Chinese med。icin。e to the USA.
M: Please buy a box first an。d pack these things. Then fill in the form
W。: OK. How muc。h is the postage?
M: Let me weigh it first. It's about 100 yuan.
Q: W。here does the dialogue probably t。ake place。?
8. W: How was your flight, Tommy?
M: It was reall。y awful. We got on the plane at 2:00 p.m. But it didn't tak。e off until 4:30. p.m.
Q: When did the plane t。ake off?
9. M: Yo。u are quite lat。e, Jenny.
W: I'm sorry, Mr. Brow。n. My bike broke on the way, s0 1 had to walk here.
M: Why didn't you take a taxi?
W: You know I had no money with me.
Q: How did Jenny go to work?
10. W: Do you thi。nk you can get t。his new job, Mich。ael?
M: Yes, Mum I have confidence in it. I'm good at writing artic。l。es and last year I was an assistant editor of the。 English newspaper of our univers。ity. I。 have enough work experience.
Q。: What did the man do last year?
11. W: Being an architect。 is always my dream. I can build more beautif。ul high-rises.
M: I want to be an astron。aut. Exploring space is so exciting. Maybe I can find some new planets.
Q: What are the。 two speakers talking about?
12. W: Have you go。t any plan for t。his weekend, Jerry?
M: No. What's up, Alice?
W: I planned to watch a football match with Daphne, bu。t she told me to attend a meeting. Since
you are free, take the tickets to watch the match with your friend.
M: Wonderful! Thank you。 so much.1 will ask Simon to go with me.
Q: Who will Jerry go to watch the match with。?
1。3. M:。 Can I help you?
W: Yes。. I bought this CD pla。yer here yester。day: But it。 doesn't w。ork.
M: Did you try it before you took it out of the s。tore7
W: No. It was in the box. I thoug。ht it would work.
M; OK. I’ll give you ano。ther one. I'm sorry you've had the proble。m.
Q: What was the matter with the CD player?·
14. W: Shall w。e buy some apples and oranges here?
M: Why don't we buy some near our。 home? I thin。k the fruit there is better.
Q: What does the man think of the fruit here7
Carla: How are thin。gs going, Sc。ott?
S。cott: Well, Carla. I was feeling great on Saturday, but I start。ed to feel sick on Sunday afternoon. I
thought I'd get bet。ter, but I feel wo。rse than before. And I'm really worried because' I'm going
to have an interview on Friday.。 I have to be better by then.
Carla: What's wrong with y。ou?
Scott: Well, the doctor said it was just a bad cold. He gave me some me。dicine. I took it。 three ?times a day after meals, but。 it didn't seem to be helpful。. He also asked me to s。tay in bed for two days, but you kn。ow I'm so busy t。hese days.
C。arla:。 Listen, Scott. F。orget it。! I'll help you get rid of the bad cold. You see,。 my mom is good at
tradition。al Chinese medicine. She thinks it'll be very helpful for。 y。ou. I'll give you some.
Scott: Oh, really?
Carla: Come on! Have a try。. You just take some traditional Chin。ese medicine four times a day.
Believe me. You'l。l be all right soon
Scott: G。reat! So I think l won't miss。 the interview on Friday. Shall we meet at the gate of your
hous。ing est。ate at 8:30? Don't forget that medicine. See。 you later.
Carl。a: See you.
Reading to children can really create some。 warm memories. It also develops children's language skills and increases their abilities to succeed in school and later wor。k.
A new report says reading aloud is so important that。 parents should start as soon as their children are born. And they should continue to。 r。ead aloud even after their chi。ldren can read by themselves. Doctors。 say parents should read some books that a。re not。 too long and on the right age level, so children will n。ot lose interest. They say parents should also point to and talk about pictures in books for babies. For young children, parents should a。sk ques。t。ions。 about the book.
However, researchers find t。hat the number of childre。n who read for fun is dropping fast now. Some children don't like reading as much as before. The 201。5 report says only 31 percent o。f children in the U. S. read a book for fun almost every day now.
Scientists a。lso introduce some ways to develop a love of reading。 in a child. One is simply to have books in the home. Anoth。er way is to read to them.
1. D 2. A 3. F 4. H 5. E。 6. B
7. B 8. C 9. A 10. B 11. B 12. A 13. C 14. D
15. C 。 16. F 17. T 。 18. F 。 1。9. F 20. T 21. T
21。. in school 22。. are born 。 23. lose interest 24. dr。opping fast 25. 31 percent
26. B 27. A 28. A 29. A 30. B 31. C 32. C 33. B 34. C 35. B
36. A 37. D 。 38. B 39. C 4。0. D 41. A 。 42. C 43. D 。 44. C 45. D
46. A 47。. E 。 48. C 。 49. D 50. B 51. D 5。2. E 53. A
54. hers 55. sixties 56. f。reedom 57. powerful
58. ge。ntly 59. death 60. dishonest 61. operate
62. Did...use 63. do they 64. either...or 65. Wh。at was
66. i。f/whether...wou。ld 。 67. be caused。
68。. I apologized to her for break。ing the expensive apple watch.
A. 69. A 。 7。0. C 71. C 72. B 73. A 74. D
B. 7。5. C 76. A 77. B 78. D 79. A 80. C
C. 81. wort。h 。 82. perf。ect 83. share/sha。red 。 84. until
85. process 86. between 87. woke
D. 88. Twice/Two times/Two
89. Food。 and the te。ahouses.
90. By。 using/adding/They use。 Sichu。anese peppercorn and hot chillies.
/People cook dishes using/with pepperco。rn and hot chillies.
91. Small restaurants in out-of-the-way places that。 have gr。eat tastes. / Small restaurants.
92. No, t。hey don